woorkup is part of forgemedia LLC; a digital agency run remotely by two brothers, Brian and Brett Jackson. We develop WordPress plugins and craft awesome content. On woorkup, you’ll find various topics consisting of marketing, productivity, web performance, and tutorials. We love sharing how we solve problems.
You won’t find any sponsored content or guest posts on this blog! We are tired of seeing low-quality posts around the web, so everything on woorkup is personally written and or reviewed by us. We do this full-time; it isn’t just a hobby for us.
Learn to say ‘no’ to the good so you can say ‘yes’ to the best. — John C. Maxwell
Brian Jackson – @brianleejackson
Co-founder at forgemedia LLC. Previously I was the CMO at Kinsta. I’m a growth marketer obsessed with SEO, SaaS, WordPress, and web performance. I’ve written over 2,500 blog posts and have helped grow sites organically from zero to 1+ million visitors per month.
I’ve also been an entrepreneur from a young age. I started dropshipping CDs and DVDs on eBay in the 6th grade and have been doing internet marketing ever since.
Fun Facts About Me
- I help develop Perfmatters, a lightweight web performance plugin for WordPress.
- I’ve used WordPress for over a decade.
- I develop a WordPress plugin, WP Coupons, to help bloggers and affiliate marketers.
- I blog about personal finance, investing, and early retirement.
- I’m a powerseller on eBay with over 1,600 feedback and a 100% rating.
- I’m a super seller on Flippa with over $20,000 in sales.
- I sold a web hosting company in college, hosting over 700 websites.
- In 2013 I received the Microsoft MVP Award in the Windows Expert-IT Pro category.
- I run a gluten-free blog dedicated to helping those suffering from Celiac Disease, UC, and Crohn’s. I’ve been 100% gluten-free for over four years.
- I’m addicted to disaster movies, synthwave music, and Rocket League.
Recently Featured or Mentioned On
I have been featured on blogs such as Smashing Magazine, Moz, Ahrefs, Sucuri, Forbes, AdEspresso, Cloudinary, Web Design Ledger, speckyboy, designmodo, WPExplorer, The Hoth, WHSR, Scotch.io, RobbieRichards, Wishpond, TweetDis, Niche Hacks, CodeInWP, WP Dev Shed, Torque, Glip and more…
- Kinsta Hosting on Google Cloud – WP Builds
- Side Blogging – Content Creation, SEO, and Monetizing a Blog – Ryan Robinson
- How to Become One of the Most Popular Blogs on WordPress – WPML
- How Great Support and Content Helps Kinsta Grow – WP Elevation
- Finding Your Right Marketing Channels – Elementor
- Outsourcing, Ecommerce, & Blogging – Mastermind.fm
- WordPress Hosting for Agencies – Lee Jackson Dev
- Best Practices for WordPress Security – WP-Tonic
- Effective Web Copy – WP-Tonic
- Speeding Up WordPress – Lee Jackson Dev
- Inbound Unboxed – Earnworthy
Brett Jackson – @iambrettjackson
Co-founder at forgemedia LLC. I am a web developer who loves building awesome web applications and, of course, anything WordPress. Previously I worked at an agency where I was responsible for building, maintaining, and optimization of clients’ sites so that they could achieve their marketing goals. That also included sysadmin activities, such as updating PHP, managing servers, etc.
I am constantly figuring out new performance optimizations that I can implement to speed up WordPress. I also built a lot of the custom things you see floating around this site, like the deals plugin and widget.
Fun Facts About Me
- If you can think of something you want WordPress to do, I can probably code it.
- I can really geek out when talking about video games, headphones, or personal finance.