woorkup is part of forgemedia LLC and is run by Brian and Brett Jackson, two brothers with a love for building high-traffic and quality WordPress sites. We enjoy marketing, SEO, and web performance.
You won’t find any sponsored content or guest posts on this blog! We’re tired of seeing low-quality posts around the web, so everything on woorkup is personally written and or reviewed by us.
Learn to say ‘no’ to the good so you can say ‘yes’ to the best. — John C. Maxwell
Brian Jackson – @brianleejackson
I’m the Chief Marketing Officer at Kinsta. I’m also obsessed with SEO, blogging, content marketing, SaaS, web performance, and WordPress. I have been an entrepreneur since a young age. I started dropshipping CDs and DVDs on eBay in the 6th grade and have been obsessed with internet marketing ever since.
Fun facts about me
- I help develop perfmatters, a lightweight web performance plugin for WordPress.
- I’ve written and published over 2,500 blog posts.
- I’ve used WordPress for over a decade.
- I develop a WordPress plugin, WP Coupons, to help bloggers and affiliate marketers.
- I blog about personal finance, investing, and early retirement.
- I’m a powerseller on eBay with over 1,600 feedback and a 100% rating.
- I’m a super seller on Flippa with over $20,000 in sales.
- I sold a web hosting company in college, hosting over 700 websites.
- In 2013 I received the Microsoft MVP Award in Windows Expert-IT Pro category.
- I run a gluten-free blog dedicated to helping those suffering from Celiac Disease, UC, and Crohn’s. I’ve been 100% gluten-free for over three years.
- I’m addicted to disaster movies, synthwave music (check out my playlist), and Rocket League.
Recently featured or mentioned on
I have been featured on blogs such as Smashing Magazine, Moz, Ahrefs, Sucuri, Forbes, AdEspresso, Cloudinary, Web Design Ledger, speckyboy, designmodo, WPExplorer, The Hoth, WHSR, Scotch.io, RobbieRichards, Wishpond, TweetDis, Niche Hacks, CodeInWP, WP Dev Shed, Torque, Glip and more…
- Side Blogging – Content Creation, SEO, and Monetizing a Blog – Ryan Robinson
- How to Become One of the Most Popular Blogs on WordPress – WPML
- How Great Support and Content Helps Kinsta Grow – WP Elevation
- Finding Your Right Marketing Channels – Elementor
- Outsourcing, Ecommerce, & Blogging – Mastermind.fm
- WordPress Hosting for Agencies – Lee Jackson Dev
- Best Practices for WordPress Security – WP-Tonic
- Effective Web Copy – WP-Tonic
- Speeding Up WordPress – Lee Jackson Dev
- Inbound Unboxed – Earnworthy
Some people dream of great accomplishments, others stay awake and do them.
Brett Jackson – @iambrettjackson
I am a web developer who loves building awesome web applications and of course anything WordPress. I built some of the custom things you see floating around this site like the deals plugin and widget.
Fun facts about me
- If you can think of something you want WordPress to do, I can probably code it.
- I can really geek out when talking about video games, headphones, or personal finance.