Below is an always update to date list of services and plugins used on woorkup and in our online marketing efforts. We want to help you succeed, and unlike other sites, we only list things we actually use.
We host this site with Kinsta. They combine Nginx + PHP 8 + HTTP/2 + Google Cloud Platform for speeds that cannot be beat! Check out our in-depth Kinsta review. If you are looking for an affordable host we use SiteGround for our other sites and have had great results. Click here to get an exclusive 60% off any plan!
Site speed and optimization
We use KeyCDN to turbocharge this site! If you want your site to load fast around the globe then you need a quality CDN provider. It provides free origin shield, HTTP/2, WebP caching, and free SSL with Let’s Encrypt! A small site will cost you less than $5 per month. Check out our full in-depth review of KeyCDN. Get $10 in free KeyCDN credits using our link.
This site uses the GeneratePress WordPress theme. In fact, I’ve moved all of my sites over to it! Kudos to the developer because he knows how to code properly, keep things lightweight, and still include schema markup & rich snippets, which are things most competitors don’t. Check out our full in-depth GeneratePress review.
These are the WordPress plugins we use and recommend.
- Antispam Bee: Blocks spam comments without captchas and without sending personal information to third party services.
- Code Snippets: An easy, clean and simple way to run PHP code snippets on your site without having to touch your
- GenerateBlocks: Design beautiful websites with no code and performance in mind. Read our GenerateBlocks review.
- Ninja Forms: This plugin powers our contact form.
- Pretty Links: Lets us keep track and create our nofollow affiliate links. Check out our tutorial on how to set up Pretty Links.
- WordPress Hide Posts: Easy way to stealth publish content on your site without it showing up on your homepage or RSS feeds.
- WP Review: This adds stars for our reviews and schema data in SERPs.
- WP Show Posts: Allows you to list posts (from any post type) anywhere on your site. This is how we built our featured posts on our sidebar.
- Yoast SEO: Still the best SEO plugin out there. Never had any problems, it just works, period.
- ShortPixel: Automatically compress all of our images and convert them to WebP to keep our total page weight down.
- Mailgun: Easy way to send transactional emails in WordPress.
- Perfmatters: Speed up your WordPress site by reducing HTTP requests, link CDN, change login URL, disabling scripts on a per-post basis, and minimize database bloat. (developed by woorkup)
- Novashare: Our social sharing plugin you see on the sidebar of our posts. (developed by woorkup)
- Widget Options: Used for the scrolling widget on our sidebar and to show select widgets on certain posts/pages.
- WP Coupons: Creates our deals page and randomized coupon widget. (developed by woorkup)
- WP Subscribe Pro: Our newsletter subscribe widget and popup.
Accuranker is the best keyword rank tracker we have ever used. It’s simple, cheap, and fast. This is what we personally use to keep track of all of our keyword rankings across this site and niche sites. Local keyword tracking, mobile, etc. Why is it so great? Because it’s one of the only trackers to pull in your rankings instantly so you know exactly where you stand. Update them on-demand as many times as you like during the day. Unlike other tools, there are no limits!
If you want a simple and easy to use newsletter software then try MailerLite! Send unlimited emails to 1,000 subscribers for free. They also offer an automated RSS to email newsletter which can be very useful for bloggers. Woorkup’s weekly newsletter is powered by MailerLite.
I’ve been using Namecheap for over a decade! With .com domains starting at $8.88 a year, their prices are hard to beat. They also have great live chat support whenever issues do arise. The beauty of Namecheap though is they never do.
The 99Club, by Stock Photo Secrets, has become my favorite place to get all my photos. You can grab them for as low as $0.49 per photo! It is the best Dollar Photo Club alternative out there. Make sure to check out my review on 99Club.
We absolutely love Grammarly and use it every day! It is free and has browser extensions which you can use to proofread and autocorrect your spelling and grammar.
Monokai Octagon Light Slack theme
Monokai Octagon Dark Slack theme