I thought I would put together a list of remote marketing jobs for everyone out there wanting to get away from their corporate or agency environments. I have worked from home for over 3 years now and would never go back to the corporate cubicle environment. I am used to working from home and here are a few tips I have learned that might help you if you are on the fence, searching for a new job or currently working remotely.
Tips for Working Remotely
- If you are a people person, working remotely might not be for you! (thankfully I’m not)
- On the plus side, when there are no people there are also no distractions. Nobody walking into your cubicle and a 5-minute chat turning into a 30-minute conversation.
- You do have new distractions though, such as Facebook, Tweetdeck, etc. Learn some discipline. If you are one of those people that are constantly opening up a new tab and typing fa… then you know what I mean. I only visit social media sites in the evenings after my work is finished. I also have the “News Feed Eradicator for FB” extension installed. This replaces your entire news feed with an inspirational quote. I rarely ever go to Facebook anymore, even in the evenings.
- Take advantage of your home office. I bought a sit-standing desk from Ergo Depot, an awesome little company down in Portland Oregon. I live in Arizona and they shipped it to me and I assembled in less than an hour. It is motorized which allows me to stand during the morning and then lower back down in the late afternoon.
- Find your routine! Some people work different hours when working remotely. For me, I get up in the morning around 7 am and usually drive down to Starbucks for my morning cup of coffee. It is only about a minute away from me. I start working at 8 am, eat lunch at my desk, and go until around 5 or 6 pm. And then some evenings I hop back on later in the night.
- Get your exercise. Most people working from home probably don’t get out as much and so it is very important to have a good exercise routine.
- Eat healthy. Just because you are working from home doesn’t mean you should be snacking on Little Debbies all day long. Prepare healthy meals. In fact I have found myself eating healthier because I am at home.
- Save money on gas and vehicle repairs. This is one of the best perks about working from home. I probably only fill my car up with gas about once every month and a half. True story! Because of this, my car will probably last forever.
- Beware of self-employed taxes in the US! Depending upon your employer, working from home might put you into the self-employed category. If so it means your employer might not be taking out your social security and medicare for you and you will have to pay the 15.3%. So be careful when looking for new jobs, as you could end up making less if you aren’t careful. It also means you might have to file quarterly federal taxes. I use a nifty little program from Intuit for estimating and paying my quarterly taxes. I do still have to file my quarterly state taxes separate though.
Best Websites to Find Remote Marketing Jobs
AngelList is one of my favorite sites to find remote marketing jobs. There are two options you have. Under location you can select “Remote.”
And then under job type you can select “Remote OK.”
AngelList has a lot of great startup companies looking to actively hire people. Here are a few examples of companies currently on AngelList:
- Creative Market
- Sprout Social
The term “growth hacking” was coined by Sean Ellis in 2010 and was initially intended for startups to define a high impact growth role.
If you haven’t ever read anything on GrowthHacker’s website well then I can’t help you… Besides having kick-ass reading materials and case studies they also have a great job section. While they don’t have a lot, the ones they do have are always high quality. They will usually always say remote in the description if they are remote jobs. See example below.
Here are a few examples of companies currently on GrowthHackers:
- KlientBoost (these guys push out the best PPC content I have ever seen)
Inbound.org is another one of my favorite sites to scour remote marketing jobs. In fact this is the site that scored me my job.
Simply click on the “Remote/Anywhere” box on the left-hand side and search away!
Here are a few examples of companies currently on Inbound.org:
4. Hubstaff Talent
You are probably familiar with the popular Hubstaff time tracking software. But did you know they also have a Hubstaff Talent section on their website? It’s actually pretty impressive, and out of all the websites, it probably has the best UI and most intuitive search options. You can search by job type, pay rate, and easily see next to the jobs if they are remote or not. This is a great place to find remote marketing jobs!
Here are a few examples of companies currently on Hubstaff Talent:
- We Technology
- Insane Fitness
- Gingerbread Marketing
- Titan Web Agency
Remotive is a curated list of remote jobs. Simply select “Marketing” from the dropdown.
This one probably has the best quality of companies. Here are a few examples of companies currently on Remotive.
6. We Work Remotely
We Work Remotely doesn’t have a lot of marketing jobs, but usually, the few they do have are unique to their site. Definitely, one you should check out.
7. remote | OK
remote | OK gets new jobs daily and is another great resource. Here are a few examples of companies currently on remote | OK.
- Stack Exchange
8. Authentic Jobs
Since 2005, Authentic Jobs has helped designers, hackers, and creative pros find work at hundreds of companies. Here are a few examples of companies currently on Authentic Jobs.
9. Working Nomads
Working Nomads is a curated list of remote jobs, for the modern working nomad. Here are a few examples of companies currently on Working Nomads.
- Help Scout
Remotees is an aggregator that monitors sites with remote friendly positions continuously, made for people looking for remote jobs. Note: This is not a job board itself, but rather a feed.
11. iHeart Remote Work
iHeart Remote Work is an efficient way to find remote marketing jobs. Find the most qualified professionals from around the world! No accounts. No hassle. Just Jobs. Here are a few examples of companies currently on iHeart Remote Work.
- Help Scout
- The Theme Foundry
Jobspresso provides an easy way to find remote jobs, careers and other remote work opportunities at interesting and innovative companies. Here are a few examples of companies currently on Jobspresso.
- Wikimedia Foundation
JobRack takes a unique spin on things and focuses on talent in Eastern Europe. It is completely free to signup for and all of their jobs are remote. You can find full time, part time, hourly, monthly and fixed projects. They have both sales and marketing positions, as well as project managers. They even run weekly training webinars for job seekers to ensure you get placed!
Hopefully this list of remote marketing jobs was helpful! Have I missed any good ones? If so, please let me know below in the comments.
GET MORE STUFF LIKE THIS
Marketing, WordPress, Blogging Tips, SEO and Reviews, once a week.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.