This is the current list of services, plugins, and tools used on woorkup and in our online marketing efforts.
We host this site with Kinsta. They combine NGINX + HTTP/2 + PHP 7 + Google Cloud Platform for speeds that cannot be beat! Check out our in-depth Kinsta review. If you are looking for an affordable host we use SiteGround for our other sites and have had great results. Click here to get an exclusive 60% off any plan!
Site Speed & Optimization
We use KeyCDN to turbocharge this site! If you want your site to load fast around the globe then you need a quality CDN provider. When compared to MaxCDN it provides 10 more POPs at less than half the price, free origin shield, HTTP/2, and free SSL with Let’s Encrypt! A small site will cost you less than $3.50 per month. Check out our full in-depth review of KeyCDN. Get $10 in free KeyCDN credits using our link.
This site uses the SocialMe theme from MyThemeShop. The only modifications that have been made are with CSS. Kudos to the team over at MyThemeShop because they know how to code properly, keep things lightweight, and still include schema markup & rich snippets, which are things most competitors don’t. Use coupon code WOORKUP and get 25% off!
- CDN Enabler: Used to quickly deploy our CDN service, KeyCDN.
- Disqus Conditional Load: Lazy loads our Disqus comments. Check out our comparison of Disqus vs native WordPress comments.
- Pretty Link Lite: Lets us keep track and create our nofollow affiliate links.
- Q2W3 Fixed Widget: Used for our scrolling widget on our sidebar.
- WP Review: This adds stars for our reviews and schema data in SERPs.
- Yoast SEO: Still the best SEO plugin out there, even with the bad 3.0 updates.
- WPS Hide Login: Free plugin to change your default WordPress login URL.
- Gonzales: Lets us disable scripts on a per-post level basis. Read more in our speed up WordPress post.
- Gravity Forms: Best contact form plugin for WordPress period. No need for captchas!
- Optimus: This plugin automatically compresses all of our images and converts them to WebP to ensure our site loads fast. Read our Optimus review.
- Social Warfare: Our social sharing plugin you see on the sidebar of our posts.
- Custom HTML Notification Bar: Lets us add announcements to the top of our site.
- WP Subscribe Pro: Our newsletter subscribe widget and popup.
- WP Coupons: Creates our deals page and randomized coupon widget you see around the site.
SEO, Marketing & Analytics
If you want a simple and easy to use newsletter software then try MailerLite! Send unlimited emails to 1,000 subscribers for free. They also offer an automated RSS to email newsletter which can be very useful for bloggers. Woorkup’s weekly newsletter is powered by MailerLite.
SerpBook is the best keyword rank tracker we have ever used. It’s simple, cheap, and fast. This is what we personally use to keep track of all of our keyword rankings across this site and niche sites. Local keyword tracking, Mobile, YouTube, and Google Maps. Plans start under $10! Read our review on SerpBook.
The 99Club, by Stock Photo Secrets, has become my favorite place to get all my photos. You can grab them for as low as $0.49 per photo! It is the best Dollar Photo Club alternative out there. Make sure to check out my review on 99Club.
We absolutely love Grammarly and use it every day! It is free and has browser extensions which you can use to proofread and autocorrect your spelling and grammar.
We have used many domain registrars over the years, from GoDaddy to eNom. NameCheap has the best user interface out of any we have used and they offer a free year of private WhoisGuard with every domain registration! They also now offer two-factor authentication to keep your account safe.