I recently had the pleasure of doing a podcast with Lee Jackson, yes he actually shares my name :) It turned out to be a pretty great episode as we talked about a lot of different ways you can speed up WordPress. Also shared some of my personal history and what I do for a living.
Note: It is about 45 minutes long, so listen while you work.
Here is a quick summary of what we chatted about:
- Using a CDN like KeyCDN is cheap and can dramatically increase your website’s speed.
- A CDN is easy to setup with the free WordPress CDN Enabler plugin.
- Importance of optimizing and compressing your images. I use the Optimus Image Optimizer plugin.
- How to use WebP images in WordPress.
- Disabling JS and CSS on an individual page and or post basis with the Gonzalez plugin.
- How to score a 100/100 on Google PageSpeed Insights. It can be done, but don’t obsess over the score.
- How to host Google Analytic’s locally to get rid of the “leverage browser caching” warning. I use the free CAOS plugin.
- How to disable embeds script in WordPress
- How to disable emojis script in WordPress
- How to lazy load Disqus
Also, as I mentioned in the podcast, I am currently working on a web performance ebook. I am hoping to have this done by the end of summer. It will literally contain every single trick I know about speeding up WordPress and easy walk through tutorials that even my Mom could follow.
If there is anything specifically you want to me to focus on in the ebook, make sure to let me know. Subscribe to my newsletter and get notified when I release it.
GET MORE STUFF LIKE THIS
Marketing, WordPress, Blogging Tips, SEO and Reviews, once a week.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.